Getting Off to a Good Start
by Joyce Meyer
Then the Lord said to me,” Arise, begin your journey…”
—Deuteronomy 10:11 NKJV
One way to love yourself is to keep your physical body in shape, and one of the best ways to do that is to be committed to some kind of exercise. I often say the toughest part of a new exercise program is getting started. Following are some extremely simple ways to begin exercise programs that stick.
1. A Daily Walk. Something as simple as walking thirty minutes every day is very beneficial for your health. Do what’s manageable, not what leaves you gasping!
2. Indoor Exercise. You can exercise in the privacy of your own home using a video, or you can take an exercise class.
3. Strength Training. Strengthening your muscles can be done quickly and at home, without any special machines. Sit-ups, push-ups, or lifting simple weights doesn’t take long or cost much, but these things are good for you!
4. Running or Biking. Running and biking are good options, but riding a bicycle is easier on your joints than running.
5. Swimming. Swimming provides a good, gentle cardiovascular workout and works many muscle groups at once.
Start slowly, do your best, and keep it up. Soon you’ll find yourself in better shape!
Love Yourself Today: Take care of your physical body through regular exercise, and do something to get yourself off to a good start today.
From the book Love Out Loud by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2011 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.
Sent from my iPad